Wednesday, July 13, 2011

"Sorry for being a dick. Bondage club?"

The artist has invited me to a bondage club as a way of making nice. Awesome.

Seriously, we had the first normal conversation in weeks yesterday. I think because he'd gone on a date and felt less panicked about being alone.

Me: "WTF was that all about? Why were you such a dick?" (I didn't say it like that, more like the politically-correct "I was confused at why you handled your hurt so inappropriately.")

Him: "Well, that's what girls have always done to me."

Me: "Done what??"

Him: "Write on their Facebook page, insult me, badmouth me, etc."

Me: "I don't DO stuff like that."

Him: "I didn't know that."

Me: "Have you noticed that I never said anything bad about my exes?? Only that I was hurt that it didn't work out? I didn't assassinate their character, share details about the breakup, reveal private information or compromise their trust. Didn't you notice that?!?"

Him: "I'm sorry I was an ass. Friends?"

Me: "There is a huge amount of repair that would have to go into even being a FRIEND."

Him: "I didn't realize you would take everything I said so literally. I can get a little hotheaded but it's just venting."

Me (throwing hands up): "I didn't even *recognize* you. That was the worst part. It was so contrary to everything I'd come to know about you."

So, we talked. I'm still confused by the whole experience.

Aqua-eyed boy wrote "I reckon you understand now why I'm so cautious." It takes time for trust to grow.

One friend advised me "Look, asplenia, you need to get out there. You don't have that much experience dating and so now's the time to get it." I wrote back, repulsed, "I just can't DO that. I get attached and stuff."

Right after the breakup, one acqaintance offered to send me pix of his genitals. We handn't even ever held hands, let alone considered SexyTime (TM). I wrote back, "Listen, Captain Cock, shouldn't we at least know eachother first??" (this  killed the conversation, which made me gleeful). (Maybe guys don't like being called Captain Cock but then stop whipping it out uninvited.)

Anyway, if you are enjoying dating, please share. I need to live vicariously through others while I center myself, however long that takes.  

- Posted from my phone

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the shout out!

    I lived it up for three weeks, and if you're not into casual sex because you get attached, Mama does not suggest trying it now. Believe me. I was on the borderline of getting attached before I found out his was doing sexy shit with his Baby Mama. (Yes, it's as trashy as it sounds.)

    ReplyDelete