Saturday, September 7, 2013

An arrest that arrested anything further

We walked to the car after strolling familiar streets and he leaned over to kiss me just as four cop cars screeched to a stop and officers ran out, approached the sedan parked in front of us and pulled a bare-footed, semi-conscious man out of the car, arrest him and stuff him without protest into the back seat and drive away.

And that was how I kindof kissed (but not really) the gentle, shy boy that I played with after school in 6th grade sometimes. We both liked poking at the earth together, then, fascinated with the flaky patterns of dried mud.

The moment was gone but the ease was not and we hugged, made jokes about the almosts and drove away.

I can tell the chemistry is such that that will simultaneously be the first and last time we'll ever bridge romance but when I got back to my dad's house, he remarked, "you're awfully chipper" and looked at me quizzically.

"I had a really nice time tonight," I replied, smiling.

(Sent from my phone)

1 comment: