Tuesday, January 3, 2012

fields of gold

I had a dream once when I was married, in the early days when I thought I was happy, and my dream disturbed me. I was running through a field with someone else and we loved each other. And suddenly I realized my life was completely different. Who was this boy I loved? Where was my beloved husband? Whose life was I living? What happened to the life I had? How could it just disappear? I didn't know what to make of the dream then but today that once-disturbing image symbols, in a very abstract way, a sense of hope now. Maybe one day I will find love again. Maybe there will be a sense of deja vu and we will run through fields of gold.



I never made promises lightly
And there have been some that I've broken
But I swear in the days still left
We will walk in fields of gold.

1 comment:

  1. I am glad you posted the dream (above) as it is very much the same in prayer, I believe in the Quantum Effects of the human will, as asking for something opens the possibility or eventuality of 'thy will be done...'.
    - B

    And P.S. It took me a minute to remember that my good friend Stin-gy had recorded Fields of Gold some years ago.

    ReplyDelete