Saturday, February 8, 2014

And so it goes

I don't always write about stuff right when it happens, and last week I wasn't sure how to pen this. A friend and I briefly conversed about seeing if there was a spark -- for the second time -- and I shut it down before it started. It feels shitty to do this but the worst part is being on the receiving end where it feels nonnegotiable. You don't even get a chance to find out why. I'm so sorry. :(

I asked about this in my "dating" class and the instructor said cheerfully, "Rejection is a gift! It allows the person to find someone who can be what they want & need!" but it sure doesn't feel like that when it happens.

When I'm on that end (we've all been on both ends -- like when Alex ended it, saying, "we eat too differently, it's just not going to work," I slumped, pulling out the small knife in my heart while composing a cheerful "oh no worries that's fine!" reply), I try to imagine that people are like clothes. A gorgeous sweater won't fit everyone the same way.

And so it goes.


1 comment:

  1. And so it goes, followed by a sigh, is how I shake off a lot of things.
    Go you for not letting this drag you way down into a funk.

    ReplyDelete