Thursday, January 17, 2013

A letter to my stress

Holy cow, I just glanced in the mirror and OMG today's culmination of stress is all over my face. It's red and blotchy in a way that even the worst crying fit doesn't usually engender.

Okay, stupid new age philosophy, I'm going to find something to be thankful for:

Dear awful situation,

Thank you for waking me to priorities. I had so little energy to process extraneous stuff lately that I can now more clearly see what is worth more focus.

Thank you for teaching me who my friends really are. I let go of two connections that were not positive today.

Thank you for letting me experience this with someone who is not reactive or mean, because that would have made it exponentially more terrible.

Thank you for helping me build -- and fall back on -- the kind of support network I cherish; years ago I did not have one and I will not forget how lonely that was.

Thank you for giving me some ideas for writing and for giving back.

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to do the scariest thing of all - be vulnerable in front of other people and let them in.

Thank you for the glimpse into the window of a very different life.

Thank you for medical technology and scientific advancement.

I don't know how I'll remember all this when the waters run calm again, but I finally feel like it will be okay no matter what.

(Sent from my phone)

3 comments:

  1. I am thankful that I have the kind of life that I can reflect on what I am thankful for.

    Having and knowing friends; just knowing that a support network exists, seems to go a long way to keeping me grounded.

    When one is an empath, a human emotional sattelite dish, pulling in signals from near and far; It is good to see people find a way to re-center themselves within their priorities and what they truly have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you. Seriously, you are going through a lot. It's normal to be stressed. I'm glad you're dealing with it so positively.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rock on, Asplenia. You're stronger than whatever it is.

    And fortunately, you have a written reminder if ever you need to remember...

    ReplyDelete