Monday, January 21, 2013

the storm is over.

I don't know what to write, but I feel I should write something. I will want to remember this someday.

The storm is over. There's no reason to mourn, even -- it's the best possible outcome, and yet...

I am weary.

I crawled into the Cyclist's lap earlier and cried. He held me until the corners of my mouth turned upwards.

You learn a lot about someone's character during a stressful time, and what I have learned about him: he is the calmest, most level-headed, consistent and even-tempered guy I have ever met. He's also the most confident person I've ever seen with zero ego. I always thought some amount of ego HAD to accompany confidence. Or maybe self-possessed is a better word, I don't know. But he's absolutely selfless.




2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a perfect friend to have right now...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It comes to me to say that (what you describe) it is the best sort of Captain to have when the weather is stormy. Even when the weather calms, his demeanor instills confidence, knowing how he faced your past, and faces your present and future.

    ReplyDelete