Friday, March 1, 2013

opening doors

Some people call out sick. I called out sad.


(Well, to be fair, I got a stomachache on the WAY to work which is why I bailed, but I was sick probably only because I was sad.) But I spent almost 22 hours the previous two days at work so okay, I needed some down time.
(If you've been following my blog long enough, you'll notice
I look for excuses to use this pic!)
 It started innocuously enough.

I asked him, out of the blue, about the sense of distance.


It was something I thought I would not bring up again so it surprised me that it came out.

He was honest, kind and compassionate and nothing he said was unexpected. But it made me sad.


What do you do with someone who likes you, but will never love you? But who treats you wonderfully anyway?

Do you leave and find someone else? Do you stay?

I don't want to leave, really.

But I will reopen the door to meeting other people.

Like this fine young man here who contacted me
two weeks ago with this scintillating proposition.
She really does. Maybe I should put that in my dating profile.
An endorsement.
It was maybe the nicest kindof-ending conversation ever. But oh so sad.

1 comment:

  1. No reason you shouldn't find someone who does fill all those roles.
    (And no reason not to have fun while you're looking either.)

    ReplyDelete