Thursday, October 9, 2014

Stillness

I turned down 3 dates one recent Saturday just so I could wander around a nearby campus at dusk and take pictures. It was great. 

I'm not feeling as closed off as I was, but preoccupied. Larger things are happening, loved ones are sick. The ache of love lost is nearly gone, as is longing. I'm in a still spot and it feels right.

"I said to my soul, be still and wait without hope, for hope would be hope for the wrong thing; wait without love, for love would be love of the wrong thing; there is yet faith, but the faith and the love are all in the waiting. Wait without thought, for you are not ready for thought: So the darkness shall be the light, and the stillness the dancing." T.S. Eliot 

(Sent from my phone)

1 comment:

  1. Your words (and T.S. Eliot) speak volumes. It sounds lovely.

    ReplyDelete