Thursday, April 11, 2013

Primates use tools. So?

Even though I HATE attention (if you know me, you know I can be shy), I loved my old job and was honored they asked me to help with a video they were creating. "Sure!" I said. Anything to contribute to our mission. Plus maybe the royalties would pay off well into my nineties.

The next morning, I got to work and saw the camera crew barreling down the hall towards my office. Crap! The weather was terrible and had blown my hair into a wet, windblown mess. I frantically searched for something to tame my wild locks so I'd look presentable for the camera but when I yanked open my purse, my brush was missing. Time was running out!

So I grabbed the next best thing.

A plastic fork.

(I mean, if your hair looks like soggy spaghetti, why not?)

It worked. The short clip went well. No one even knew (at least not until today) about my pre-show styling secret. Improvisation skillz: don't leave home without them!


No actual forks were harmed in the making of the video.

1 comment:

  1. If my Swiss Army Knife had a fork too, I would have taken over the world by now.
    Twice.

    ReplyDelete