Saturday, July 5, 2014

The unexpected sisterhood

I stood behind her with her new breasts in my hand, as she held open her shirt. "Let's see how these fit," she said. "Here, I'll hold it open."

I tried to gently stuff the little foam pieces into the little premade boob pockets but I couldn't really see and the shirt was defective and I didn't want to disturb the bandages, and the dog was standing in the way, unsure if she should put on her best guard dog face. I mean, humans can be so weird! We were basically doing the boob equivalent of the following:



We looked over at ourselves in the mirror and burst out laughing. We eventually got them in (actually a different pair, as the first were indeed the wrong match for the shirt).

"I don't think I mind them so much," she said, shrugging as she adjusted them into place. "I thought this would bother me more than it does." She smiled at me from inside a body that had betrayed her, and her beautiful essence poured out, filling the room with the light of friendship and trust. She was never more beautiful, my friend.
"When the Japanese mend broken objects, they aggrandize the damage by filling the cracks with gold. They believe that when something's suffered damage and has a history it becomes more beautiful. "
(Photo from here.)

No comments:

Post a Comment