1. Work is great. I'm moving cubicles to one that's not in a main thoroughfare, yay!
|Current. Not terrible, but not ideal. The drain gets in the way.|
|Future. This bathroom sink gets MUCH less traffic, see.|
4. My mom is learning how to text. She's so cute.
|Actual text, I kid you not.|
5. I feel extremely un-boy-crazy the past few days and it's kindof awesome.
6. Speaking of boys, I told you I signed up for a dating class, right? The next homework assignment is to come up with a list of qualities we want in a partner. (I HAD one and accidentally deleted it after the Alex incident. Oops.) So far though, the class is fun. Really, the best thing it's offering is a sense of hope, not to give up. Turns out that's really common. The instructor urged people to remember a time when they had to work hard at something that wasn't coming easy. "My career was tough to get off the ground," one girl piped in. "Now, it's great!"
I always liked the job thing as an analogy. You don't stop looking for work just because you can't find it. You keep trying. Sure it's discouraging but the need to buy shoelaces drives you forward. Maybe love just feels easier to give up. But don't! At least not without emailing me or commenting so I can give you a pep talk about how awesome you are.
(Just watch the first 3 minutes.)
7. I signed up for an 8-week program to quit sugar. I'm terrified. Hold me? It starts Monday. I've never followed a diet in my life (aside from just trying to eat healthy with bad stuff generally in moderation). But I've been lamenting my cravings forEVER and these last 10 lbs that I can't seem to shed, so obviously what I'm doing is not enough.
Plus, fuck February. Everyone hates February. If I'm going to pick an entire month to spend in a bad mood, it may as well be this one.
8. It snowed this morning, a dusting. Me:
10. And now I have a text to tend to. Night!